Thursday, March 8, 2012

Weight Watching...

Struggle of most women, right? I want to lose weight.

I'm gonna lay it on the line here. At my heaviest pregnancy weight, I was about 186. That was with Ian. After he was born I got into the 160s. And I never worked it out. Which was bad.

On January 1, 2012, I weighed in at 176. Not pregnant. I'm 5'3" so a normal weight for me would be 125-135. Ouch.

If you've ever seen me, my body type does not allow me to be in the 120's. I have boobs and butt, with some to spare. My goal is 145 lbs. And I'm going to do it.

I started with Atkins, and lost a few. But I love carbs. A lot. So I switched to a calorie counting app (MyFitnessPal.com) and threw myself into my Jazzercise training (which I was going to do anyway).

I got down to 164.8 (loss of almost 12 lbs! yay!). And then the Girl Scout Cookies came in. They're my crack. I eat a box a day. *smh*

Today I sit at about 167. Not too shabby for 2 months into the year, but I still have 20 lbs to lose. I'd like to do it by summer. Maybe full on teaching Jazzercise will help (and the consumption of the final box of cookies).

Keep me honest. 145 lbs. I'm going to make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment