Saturday, March 17, 2012

Finding My Blessings

The weather here in Albuquerque has been amazing the last week or so. And since it's Friday, a friend decided to have a cookout.

She's in culinary school, so anything she makes is delicious. She and her husband are slight health-nuts, so what she makes is mostly good for you. Can't go wrong.

Cookout completed, her husband pulled out the fire pit. Can we say s'mores?

Another neighbor and her daughters were over as well. After the kids got over the initial "hooray" of the fire and settled, the adults got to talk.

And I had a thought. THIS is military life.

We've all been here different amounts of time. We all come from different states. We all have different pasts, different current situations, but here we are. Sitting together because Uncle Sam (and our Heavenly Father) has deemed it so.

And I LIKE it.

I can get so depressed sometimes. I miss my mom and my family. I miss the friends I used to have in high school or college. I miss the life I think I could have had. But then these little gems pop up in the sand I'm walking through.

And I wouldn't want it any other way.

1 comment:

  1. Don't get too depressed! Blog more often, it will cheer you up. Also what will cheer you up?? The award I gave you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete