Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Demon Dream

I had the SCARIEST dream of my life a few nights ago...

I was in a classroom, a Bible study more specifically. The room was odd shaped, the desks in two long rows facing the whiteboard. I knew no one (thankfully, because I'm sure I couldn't speak to anyone after what happened).

I don't know what the facilitator was discussing, but one of my classmates suddenly stood up. His eyes turned black -- the whites, the iris, everything pitch black. His arms were outstretched and his head flung back, as if he were looking up at the ceiling. I don't remember sounds of any sort, but I do remember this pull. Think of lead shavings and a magnet. This student was the magnet, and the rest of us were shavings. We were pulled, hard, against our will, maliciously. It felt so wrong. I didn't understand it.

It stopped suddenly, and all were sitting down, listening to our facilitator calmly. The man to my left and the man in front of me stood up. They turned to me, eyes black just like the other student. They began to speak -- I don't know what they said, but I can only describe it as demonic. They reached for me. Out of instinct, I raised my arms in front of me, making a cross. I screamed "I love Jesus!" over and over. And I felt it. A bubble. Protection. Something surrounded me. Thank goodness, too...my possessed classmates were clawing at me, attacking me.

Again, all was quiet and normal. The facilitator kept right on talking. The only words I caught were Nehemiah 9:8.

"You found his heart faithful to you, and you made a covenant with him to give to his descendants the land of the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Jebusites and Girgashites. You have kept your promise because you are righteous."

And I woke up.

Freaked me out. How does one even start to interpret that!!

First, total affirmation to myself that I believe in Jesus and what He did for us. I'm totally sure of that now. Second, I believe in demons. They work in our lives in more ways than we'll know until we move on to our final destination. Third, I need to trust the Lord. I've studied Joshua. I've learned what happens when you do and when you don't. But I'm big on having control. And I need to relinquish that need. Last, I'm on the right path. I don't know if the dream was sent from above or below. If from above, He showed me I DO believe. If from below, Satan showed me he WANTS me. But I proved he CAN'T HAVE ME.

I'm doing more thanking, more praying, more observing, more reflecting...I'm just doing more with my faith, personally. I'm looking forward to what the Lord will do with me.

1 comment: